These rosters are created and maintained by Brian Leighton, who welcomes
questions or comments.
The following symbols are used to indicate locomotive status:
"+" indicates withdrawn from service
"z" indicates stored
"r" indicates renumbered
no symbol indicates the unit remains in service.
Many of these lists are quite large in size, and may download slowly. If
you have a slow connection, you may wish to download all the files as a zipfile (80 Kb total) and view the files locally.
- List of British depot assignments
- Class 08; 50 ton 0-6-0 shunter/switchers, built 1953-62.
- Class 09; 50 ton 0-6-0 shunter/switchers, built 1959-1962
- Class 20; 73 ton Bo-Bo light freight/passenger units, built 1957-68; being retired.
- Class 31; 107-111 ton A1A-A1A light/medium freight/passenger units, built 1957-62
- Class 33; 77-78 ton Bo-Bo light freight/passenger units, built 1960-62; being retired.
- Class 37; 103-108 Co-Co medium freight/passenger units, built 1960-65; being refurbished
- Class 43; 70 ton Bo-Bo High Speed Train power cars, built 1976-82
- Class 47; 120-125 ton Co-Co mixed traffic units, built 1963-67
- Class 56; 125 ton Co-Co heavy freight units, built 1976-84; early Romanian-built units have been retired
- Class 58; 130 ton Co-Co heavy freight units, built 1983-87
- Class 59; 121 ton Co-Co heavy freight units, US-built in 1985-1995; privately owned
- Class 60; 129 ton Co-Co heavy freight units, built 1989-93
- Class 73; 75-77 ton Bo-Bo dual-mode mixed traffic units, built 1962-67; power from diesel or third rail
- Class 86; 87 ton Bo-Bo electric passenger units, built 1965-66
- Class 87; 83 ton Bo-Bo electric passenger units, built 1973-75
- Class 89; 104 ton Co-Co experimental electric passenger unit, built 1987
- Class 90; 85 ton Bo-Bo electric passenger and freight units, built 1987-90
- Class 91; 84 ton Bo-Bo electric mixed traffic units, built 1988-91
- Class 92; 126 ton Co-Co dual-mode freight units, built 1993-95; power from catenary or third rail, for Channel Tunnel service, owned by various agencies
- Eurostar; dual-mode high-speed passenger units for Channel Tunnel service; power from catenary or third rail
- Euro Tunnel Locomotives; 84 ton Bo-Bo shunting/switching units for Channel Tunnel service
- LeShuttle Locomotives; Bo-Bo-Bo electric freight/passenger units, for Channel Tunnel service
- Download all lists as a zipfile (80 Kb total)
UK rosters created and maintained by Brian Leighton.
This site is sponsored in part by
This site created and maintained by Webmaster.
Copyright © 1998, Brian Leighton & Webmaster. All Rights